The theme of the Medgar Evers College visit is College Your Way!
The CUNY Explorers program at Medgar Evers College now offers an interactive, virtual visit tailored to middle school students. Students, parents and teachers can experience and participate in the journey to college, facilitated by our knowledgeable CUNY Explorers Visit Guides. Our team will take you on an information packed tour of our campus using images, video and audio. The tour is interactive and includes quizzes and discussion questions for students. Throughout our visit, we will discuss a range of essential, college-related subjects and college vocabulary that will prepare students for the road ahead. These discussions will touch on various topics including choosing and applying to high schools and colleges, how to pay for college, the benefits of a college education and how students can start preparing now. During the interactive visit students will also have the opportunity to learn about our college's namesake, civil rights leader Medgar Wiley Evers.
Common Core Standards: SL.6.1, SL.6-12.1 SL.7.1, SL.8.1, L.6-12.4, 6.NS.2, 6.EE.2, 6.EE.6,
Prior to registering, please note:
- Visits are approximately one hour and a half long and offered three times a day Tuesday-Thursday. We offer tours from: 10:00A-11:30A/12:00P-1:30P/3:00P-4:30P
- Reserve only the number of visits needed for your school's middle school enrollment.
- We can accommodate a minimum of two students and a maximum of 300 students. (Please note: more students may cause lagging)
- Our tour can be hosted via Zoom OR Google Meets
- For an interactive and rewarding experience, our visit requires students to be on camera and use their microphones to participate.
- CUNY Explorers remote visits are currently available to 6th, 7th and 8th graders only (excluding D75 & D79 schools).
If you have any questions or would like more information about our visits, please contact the Campus Coordinator.